Having body pain and breathing issues. Could it be due to acidity and gastric?

Cardiologist
Question
My mother frequently complaints about following things.
- having body aches like shoulders,hands,legs pain etc.
- breathing issues(no asthma) and some times gets body sweating at same time.

- So far doctors suggested she has acidity and gas problems. But, does above problems can be due to acidity/gastric ?
- She is a bp patient. But when above things happen BP is normal.
- No sugar.

Till 5 months back we visited Apollo,hyd few times and where she got medicines related to BP and few for Strength. Not seen much improvement.

I'm not sure which specialist or hospital to approach.
Please suggest whom to approach as soon as possible.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 22 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I read your mail with diligence.
I feel your mother has diastolic dysfuntion (a type of failure of heart) due to blood pressure and possibly GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disease) where in food from stomach spills into food pipe, both of which are contributing to your symptoms.
You live in Hyderabad, best will be you show her to an XXXXXXX Medicince specialist and cardiologist. She needs prescription drugs and few investigations. Good Luck.
If you have any followup question for me I shall be pleased to answer.

Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Medical Specialist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Having body pain and breathing issues. Could it be due to acidity and gastric? 5 minutes later
Thanks for quick reply.
Could you elaborate on below statement. Who is XXXXXXX medicine specialist?.
Could you also suggest any hospital?

//best will be you show her to an XXXXXXX Medicince specialist and cardiologist.

thanks.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
After graduation MBBS you study 3 years for medicine (MD - Medicine) and become internist. (You can study a sub specialty like Cardiology and obtain degree of DM Cardiology and become Cardiologist).
Internal Medicine specialist in Banglore will be a consultant (Assistant Professor or Professor) in the department of Medicine in a medical college or a consultant in the department of Medicine in Nizam Institute of Medicine; Cardiologist you can XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX Dr BKS Shastri or Dr XXXXXXX in Care Hospital or Dr XXXXXXX Chandera in Nizam Hospital. Take my name if you need to: they will help you by treating your mother. You have some competent cardiologist in Hyderabad.
Sincerely
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Medical Specialist

Follow-up: Having body pain and breathing issues. Could it be due to acidity and gastric? 9 minutes later
Sir,
Sorry to bother again.

We have gone all tests related to cardiology one year back. Reports suggested no problem with heart.

Should I still go to cardiologist?
I'm thinking of going to some gastroenterologist at Asian Institute of gastroenterology,Hyd.

Please share your suggestions.
Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Her proven problem is high BP (for no reasons it is called "silent killer"). Other problems are either related to drugs or coexistence of risk factors for coronary artery disease therefore, your visit to cardiologist is must. It is up to you follow my suggestion (I have not seen the patient!) or cardiologist's advice for further consult. That is why I had suggested an internist who would have thoroughly examined the patient and being reasonably conversant with sub specialties (which he had been trained in while pursuing for MD degree) would have advised you better. Good Luck.
(Thanks for writing back. I hope I have made myself clear. If you have any clarification you can ask again it will be pleasure to respond)

Dr Anil Grover