Having body ache after exercise. Feeling feverish. Took paracetamol. Feeling better

After a slight exercise my body starts to ache. This weekend was involved in some physical activity. From Monday aches and pains started and also was feeling a feverish. Took Paracetamol tablets Dolo and currently feeling better but not completely fit
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Microscopic muscle injurt, dehydration

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

If you are not into regular exercises and your lifestyle is pretty sedentary then the most probable cause for muscle aches following a physical activity is because you are suddenly over using those muscles leading to microscopic tears in the muscle causing aches.

Other cause for muscle aches is dehydration and electrolyte disturbance following exercise which causes the typical cramps.

Here is what you should do

1. Drink plenty of water, about 4 to 6 glasses of water per day preferably with dissolved ORS like electral.
2. Do not engage in strenuous activities until you are better, give adequate rest to the muscles
3. Feeling a little feverish and unwell is common, continue taking paracetamol. Ideal painkiller for you would be a combination of aceclofenac and paracetamol. It can be taken twice a day, please consult your doctor for a prescription. Analgesics ointments like diclofenac gel also helps
4. If the pains dont come down then please visit your physician for routine blood tests and also total CPK to assess the amount of muscle injury

I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries.

Get well soon