Having blurred vision, headaches, excessive sweating and blood in BM. What's wrong?

I have had blurred vision headaches excessive sweating decreased appetite and blod in my BMs do you have any idea what is wrong with me?
i have also had weakness in my legs and tremors in my hands
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 53 minutes later
Hi Stevenwilk26, I will be happy to give you some ideas.
The fact that you have blood in your BM is the most concerning symptom you mention, and although it is most commonly due to hemorrhoids, there is no certain way to know without performing a colonoscopy (camera through your rectum).
If you lose a lot a blood for many months or years, you can become anemic which can then lead to headaches and blurry vision. You may become weak and have tremors from anemia, so I would definitely suggest getting routine laboratory studies by your hormonal problem, such a hyperthyroidism (highly active thyroid hormone), which can make you sweaty, weak and have tremors. The decreased appetite is probably the result of whatever is causing the rest of your symptoms. Again I suggest you getting basic bloodwork and a physical exam to have a better idea of what can be going on.
Hope that helped. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Best regards,
Follow-up: Having blurred vision, headaches, excessive sweating and blood in BM. What's wrong? 1 hour later
But I would know if I had hemorrhoids though right?
Do you know what it could be at all?
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 7 hours later
you could have XXXXXXX hemorrhoids and not necessarily know about it. If you had external hemorrhoids you would feel them every time you clean yourself.
You could also have colitis (inflammation of the colon) and/or ulcerations inside the colon. Much less commonly due to your age you could have a polyp in the colon which can bleed intermittently. Again the only way to see what is going on regarding the blood in the stool is with a colonoscopy.