Having blood type a negative and partner o negative. Will this be problem later? Precautions?

Me and my partner want to start a family. We are trying from quite a sometime but not happening. His blood type A negative and mine is O negative.
Will there be some kind of complications? Can you pls advise me on this matter? And the precautions I need to take?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later
Hello, if both your blood types are negative then there should not be a problem with the fetus .
The problem arises if one partner is negative and one positive. In your case, the blood type isnt the prblem. If you have difficulty in conception, there you and your partner need to undergo tests to investigate the cause. You should consult an infertility specialist. Blood tests,xray,ultrasound and semen tests will need to be done. Meanwhile, eat healthy and start an exercise routine. If you have regular cycles, then your most fertile days will be day 11~ day 21. Keep trying.
Follow-up: Having blood type a negative and partner o negative. Will this be problem later? Precautions? 9 minutes later
Should I take any kind of medicine?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
You can start folic acid one tab daily in the preconception phase. Other than that no medicines needed till further tests are done. Lead a healthy lifestyle.