Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher dose?

I have been taking Sandoz Fenofibrate 145mg to control my blood pressure. It does not seem to be working after 5 years. Should I take a higher dose? I am unable to take statins. XXXXX
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this difficulty you have experienced getting your blood pressure controlled.

Before I continue, please what is it that make you say your drug is not working well? Have you taken any recent labs that suggest this and if so can you provide me wit the results?Also, fenofibrate controls blood cholesterol and not blood pressure? Which of the conditions is of concern to you?

Please, I would like to have the above clarifications in order to address this query fully. Treatment failure can result from a poor medication choice or an insufficient dosage. Which could be the cause here would be identified after receiving the above information.

Thanks for understanding and hope to hear from you on this.
Dr. Ditah, MD