Having blood blister under left side of chest. Noticed one on thigh. Looks dark reddish black color. Suggestions?

About a month ago I had what looked like a blood blister under the left side of my chest. It popped..dark blood came out..filled up again..popped and didn't fill up again. Now I noticed another tiny one on my left thigh. Same dark reddish black color. Any suggestions?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems that you are having haemorrhagic bulla.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You are having bulla filled with blood at present on lower extremity..left thigh.

A month ago you had the same lesion on chest, which is now healed with scar.

This mostly likely is haemorrhagic bulla.

There may be some cause in your case but we need to find out that.

To help you further I would like to ask you a few questions, please write back to me with the answers.

Do you have any XXXXXXX disease like Diabetes, HIV, blood diseases or any other?

Do you have any other skin disease ?

Past history of any systemic or skin disease?

Do you have any habit of tobacco, smoking or alcohol intake?

Is there family history of any disease?

Do you take any medicine?

And also please attach a photograph of affected area ( one close-up would be great with one a little longer shot).

Awaiting your response.

Warm regards,

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: Having blood blister under left side of chest. Noticed one on thigh. Looks dark reddish black color. Suggestions? 47 minutes later
I have no known XXXXXXX disease nor any other skin diseases..I very rarely drink and quit smoking 6 months ago. I smoke marijuana on occasion. also I have been having dull pain under right chest area but had xray, ultra sound, ct scan, ekg, and blood work done for that and everything has came back normal.

pics for dr. XXXXXXX from original question...first three are from new one and last pic is scar from first one
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 13 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back.

And thanks for posting photographs.

Now take a deep breath and be cool.

Avoid all worries related to your skin problem.

It is a benign condition...characterised by vascular malformation in papillary dermis.

It may be kept untreated... Never squeez or rupture the lesion.

If it is embarassing , simple removal of lesion may be done.

Surgical excision ,cryotherapy ,electrocautery or laser ablation may be done under local anaesthesia by expert. And these are OPD procedures.

There is no medical treatment. And it may not be prevented. There is actually no cause. Minor trauma might be responsible. There are two types.. Congenital and aquired. In your case , it is aquired type of ANGIOKERATOMA CIRCUMCRIPTUM .

Sometime it is confused with malignant melanoma. Biopsy may be done to rule out MM..

Ok.. I hope that you might be satisfied with my answer. Consult nearby dermatologist , discuss for mode of treatment and then go ahead.

If there is query , you may ask...

Wishing you early recovery.