Having bloating, gas and breathing problem. Diagnosed as may be GERD and prescribed omee. Remedy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi doctor,

i have bloating/trapped gas/burp and also due to which my lower part of stomach contracts a little ,n i have little breathing problem.......though my sat level is 100%..,no stomach pain/no gastric/no burning,,my bowel is twice a day sometimes once with smell from a month

my family doctor told it may be gerd and has given me omee d (1-0-0 for 15 days) and rabeprazole sodium and domperidone capsule(0-0-1 for 15 days)...i am into 3 days and i dont feel any different infact bad...

but 2 months back i had been to gastro doctor he had just suggested me providac probiotics (10 capsules), which felt so much better..

my questions doctor
1)best probioics??
2)how to avoid/reduce bloating throughout my life
3)i want to discontinue these tablets and carry on with probiotics rest of my it advisable??
4)how many probiotics per day and dosage of probiotics??
5)home remedy for bloating???

thank you doctor ,in advance..:)
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in

I would need some details to help you out

1] Describe your dietry habits ?
2] What is your job profile ?
3] Do you smoke and/or consume alcohol ?
4] Your bowel habits, like do you pass mucus in stool ? Is there fullness after meals or whole day long ?
5] Are you obese ?
6] Any level of stress ?

Do get back with these and I will try to help you better
Follow-up: Having bloating, gas and breathing problem. Diagnosed as may be GERD and prescribed omee. Remedy? 11 minutes later
hi doctor,

1)it was filled with outside/hotel food till last month.4 cups of tea/day till this problem
2)no job for an year doctor...created stress... recently got a job in cbi yet to join
3)i used to have beer once/twice a stopped
4)from one month on and off with smelly bowel..mucus in throat due to dust
5)im 61 kgs and height 5'10
6)had stress episodes in last months..cos i was thinking i was not getting enough o2 level and i got scared and went to doc and he told everything was fine with o2 levels..
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 minute later

Your problems appears to be irritable bowel syndrome and/or collitis + Gastritis

You need to avoid junk food, fermented, fried and spicy food

Avoid alcohol, perform yoga or meditate to reduce stress

Reassure yourself

Continue Rabeprazole domperidone for minimum of three weeks twice a day and then shift to once a day for another three weeks

Take a good probiotic for three to four weeks and everything should be alright

If this does not work go for a stool examination and accordingly take an antibiotic

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 minutes later

Go ahead and get back in case of need

Wishing you a speedy recovery