Ask a Urologist   »  

Having blisters under foreskin. Have burning when urine touches it. Applied Candida but no help. Suggest?

I have been having blisters sort of thing under my foreskin and is I feel connected with my urine or so. As per my blood checking sometime back, I do not suffer from Diabeties When the urine droplets touch this tender sore skin, I have a burning feeling. At night, if I have an erection, the foreskin appears tight and painful. Have used 'Candida' cream to get rid of it. But seems there is resistance for it and the sores continue. I am married for 34 years now and have had a single partner throughout. How do I overcome this situation?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It seems you are suffering from balanitis.

It is a inflamation of foreskin and red part of penis.

There are many causes associated with balanitis.Common one are 1.Infections,fungal and viral.
2.Allergy due to soaps,antiseptics and drug related.
3.Some other dermatological disorders like zoons balanitis,lichen planus etc ,but they are not seen in so commonly.

Going through your description I can suspect it is most probably a viral infection.Lesions in this area are commonly caused by herpetic infections.

But firm diagnosis can be made by uploading a photograph.There is a facility available in this forum for uploading a photograph.It will help me to guide you in a better way.

For relief you can apply antibiotic cream like fucidic acid over the affected area.Use loose cotton under garments.Drink plenty of water.

I hope we can continue our discussion after you upload a photograph.Take care.