Having blister on toe. Noticed wart like thing, having itching. Having pus filled and hard to touch. What can this be?

I have this blister like thing on my 4th toe and I'm unsure if it is a wart or a blister. A month or two ago I was bit by a fire ant and it is below where the area I'm questioning. I itched that area a lot and only recently did I notice this wart-like thing. It's quite tender, and it's grew a little since yesterday. It also seems to be pus-filled since it's not hard or tough. I'm on my feet a lot for work and I'm also active. Any idea what it could be? I also attached a picture. Thank you in advance.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 19 minutes later
A wart is a viral infection caused by human papilloma virus and may present as an irregular skin colored bump with verrucous surface. It is neither tender nor itchy.
Treatment for the same is cautery or cryotherapy if the lesion.

From the image attached the lesion looks more like a blister. This could have occurred due to ant bite or due to excessive itch induced scratching of the area. Another cause could be ill fitted shoes. The best treatment would be to aspirate fluid or pus from the area by using a fine needle and syringe. Use of antibiotic cream is also advised for complete healing. Also do not wear shoes till the area heals completely. To alleviate itch use an oral antihistamine like cetirizine.

Hope that answered your query. Should there be any other doubt, feel free to write back.