Ask a Urologist   »  

Having blister filled with pus and blood near penis area. What is the remedy?

Jul 2016

From time to time, I would develop an inch on the inside of (1) thigh next to my penis. Recently, it started to swell and I begame to squeeze it until a painful blister developed. Once I began squeezing the blister, blood along with puss would come out. However, the swelling began developing downward towards my buttocks. Today after squeezing the blister in the men's bathroom, I returned to my office. Then I detected a foul smell, went back to the restroom and my underware was saturated with puss and blood. Can you help me figure out what's wrong?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be What is called as Boil. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle on inner side of thigh, This area is potentially prone for getting staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle which are in enormous numbers. Please consult qualified Urologist or general surgeon foe clinical evaluation and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Routine urine test 2)Blood sugar to rule out Diabetes. 3) Culture and sensitivity of the pus to find out organisms causing infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Please clean the entire area with microbial solution like Betadine and dress it properly . I should heal up within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.