Having bleeding with low back pain. What could be the reason?

I have been having bleeding for three weeks, I am having low back pain. Sometimes I notice an odor with the bleeding and pain and bleeding after sex or working out
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 52 minutes later
Its imperative that you investigate this. You havent mentioned your age,but regardless you need some tests done. You need an ultrasound of the pelvis along with some blood tests. If you havent had an pap smear test in the last 6 months,then you need to get that also. Prolonged bleeding can occur due to cervical growth,ulcers, infection, PID, Endometriosis, Dub etc. These are broadly classified,and the correct diagnosis can be made with the help of detailed history,examination and tests. You should first contact your doctor for the tests.
Next,you can take tablet tranemic acid one thrice a day to stop the bleeding.