Having bleeding with clots and moderate cramping after silver nitrate cauterization. Should I go to ER?

Excellent

Question
I am 6 weeks pregnant went yesterday to my MD had normal transvag ultrasound with positive heartbeat. Had vaginal exam started bleeding MD stated that I had 5 blood vessels bleeding R/T previous cryosurgery. Last night approx. 12 hours after silver nitrate cauterization had gush of dark red blood with clots and moderate cramping. Doctor's office is not open...don't know if this is necessary to go to ER or wait for Doctor's office to open Thursday??
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: If the cramping is moderate and quiet consistent then it would be good idea to consider visit to ER. Dark clot might be from previous bleeding but cramping worries me. Doctor might want you to get a repeat ultrasound done. Hope this helps. Please ask if there are doubts. Regards

Follow-up: Having bleeding with clots and moderate cramping after silver nitrate cauterization. Should I go to ER? 3 minutes later
The moderate cramping was for approx. an hour last night after the "gush" bleeding has slowed down to just large clots. No more cramping this AM just the clots. Still think I should go to ER? Thank you so much!

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello . thanks for follow up. Detailed Answer: Yes, I still think you should go to ER. Rather getting follow up ultrasound is more important to see everything is fine. I would really like to rule out threatened abortion in case with symptoms like yours.

Follow-up: Having bleeding with clots and moderate cramping after silver nitrate cauterization. Should I go to ER? 4 minutes later
Thank you again for giving me some guidance it's my first pregnancy so I'm kind of at a loss of what to do most the time.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: hello Detailed Answer: Yes, it happens to everybody. So see doctor even if it proves just precautionary later. Such visits also give doctors more time to understand your case better so such visits are not entire loss of time. Best wishes.