Having bleeding only when urinating during periods. What am I suffering from?

I do not bleed on pads during my cycle....but it flows when I urinate. Is this a health issue
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Having bleeding only when you are urinating during your periods is not suggestive of any pathology. Sometimes when the bleeding is comparatively milder, a free flow on the pad is minimal.
This is just a normal variation and does not require any treatment as long as the bleeding is coming from the vaginal opening.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.