Having bleeding for long time after periods. Took MT pill. Suggestions

My gf take mt pill on 29 Apr and period start on 30 Apr but till now bleeding not stop till now. please advise the medicine name she can take for stop bleeding
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The excessive and heavy bleeding and abdominal cramps are common side effects of the MT pill.
She needs to get an ultrasound scan done to find out if there are any retained products of conception in her uterus which is causing the excessive bleeding.
If there are no retained products then hormonal treatment is needed along with haemostatics like tranexaemic acid to control the bleeding.
In case there are retained products detected on ultrasound then surgical abortion- D&C is recommended to stop the bleeding.
Please do consult a gynecologist for a proper evaluation and treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.