Ask a Urologist   »  

Having bladder problem and taking sovereign silver. Taking hot showers and lots of cranberry juice. Worried?

Dec 2012

I think I have bladder infection. It has been for five days now. I just retired and I could not find a doctor to take me in untill January of 2014. I have been taking sovereign silver. I do feel a little better. but I still have itching feeling every day. I have been taking hot showers every day and drinking lots cranberry juice (no sugar). I am worry.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide additional details about symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I do understand that it must be frustrating for you to be having such recurrent infection and I condole with you.
However, do try to provide me with some additional information regarding the nature of symptoms so I may be able to first of all agree with the fact that it is actually a bladder infection.
Ones you have a bladder infection, there is always possibility of reinfection or post-cystitis inflammation which does not necessarily mean that you are having an actual infection, but rather the bladder is inflamed and irritated.

Please I am waiting to hear from you.

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Having bladder problem and taking sovereign silver. Taking hot showers and lots of cranberry juice. Worried? 21 hours later
I have this problem about once every other year. The last one was Aug. 2011.
My first day of infection was very painful and almost impossible to have a normal urination. by taking hot bath I do feeling better but it comes back after about 4 or 5 hours then I had to a hot bath again. This was at the three days that I have. Now I do feeling better but I am still feeling uncomfortable when I go to bathroom. I cannot in any doctor here because I just retired in Sept. 2013. I am still looking for a doctor in my area. Most doctor I had called. They put on the waitlist for January of 2014. I am worry. I don't have any fever, no blood coming out just burning and painful urination day and night. I don't have lower back pain. I hope I give you enough information. Let me know.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems obvious that you are having a UTI

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for updating,

It seems clear to me that you must be having a urinary tract infection (UTI or bladder infection or cystitis) which will require you to have a course of antibiotics which unfortunately will require a doctor's prescription. It is easy to treat the infection even if you see a nurse practitioner or a urine dipstick performed. Ones it is confirmed, they will provide you with a script to get rid of the infection. It is clear that you can not wait until January given the present scenario (the bladder infection could easily get complicated).
Rather unfortunate that the doctors you are trying to reach are that busy that they can not take you now but you should be able to get help from any health care provider for can provide a prescription.

Hope this helps further.
Dr. Nsah