Having bladder infection and pain in kidney. Done with CT scan. Feeling sick. Will it be bladder cancer?

Jul 2016

I have bladder infection and I am starting my fourth round medication.I have burning before I go to the washroom and
sometimes after I go.I have pains in the kidneys at times sometimes I feel sick also. I seem to empty my bladder
better for the pas few days up until last few days I feel I wasn't emptying my bladder.comptely.I had a CT scan at
the hospital lask week and they found a thicking on opeing of my bladder.My doctor is sending me for a CT scan
where XXXXXXX is injected.I am concerned about bladder cancer.I was told you have wny hve burning with bladder
cancer is that true? I hope you can help me. Thankyou
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic UTI or Squamous metaplasia. Cystoscopy advised.

Detailed Answer:
You have burning before urination and have been taking medication for the same .

You have undergone CT scan which revealed thickening of the bladder near urethral opening and your Dr has asked for CT scan with contrast study suspecting your symptoms could be due to cancer of the bladder.

It is rather difficult to make any comments without complete CT scan report.Please post me complete report to help me to make comments on your problem.

Normally hematuria ( Passing Blood in urine) is the first presenting symptoms of cancer of the bladder . What you have is irritative symptoms of bladder which could be due to long standing chronic UTI or Squamous metaplasia of the bladder.( Pseudo membranous Trigonitis)

However it will be better if you get investigated thoroughly so that you can be rest assured about the cancer of the bladder,
You need to undergo Cystoscopic evaluation of bladder to rule out cancer of the bladder or any other reason for your irritative bladder symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you