Ask a Urologist   »  

Having bladder infection after having urinary tract infection. Took medicines but infections are recurring. What to do?

I am having 1 Urintract or Bladder Infection after the other. I have been on so many Medication,
but the Infections comming back.Don't have a moble. Where is your answer?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Citric soda, cranberry juice and plenty of water

Detailed Answer:

Recurrent urinary tract infections are mainly due to incomplete treatment of the last infection.

I suggest you to follow certain measures which will keep the bacterial flora in the urinary tract at check and prevent them from growing leading to infection.

Do take Sodium citrate (Sorol or Citric soda-- Brand name) mixed in water every night for a week and drink a glass of cranberry juice every day.

The above measure along with ample amount of water consumption would help you get rid of your problem.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Having bladder infection after having urinary tract infection. Took medicines but infections are recurring. What to do? 14 hours later
The Cranbeeryjuice has to much sugar.
I am a 2 Diabetic, I'm taking Canbeery Capsle's. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take the capsules

Detailed Answer:

Thats fine, you can take the same.