Having bite on neck. What it appears and what should I do?

I have what appears to be a bite on my neck. I have attached a photo of it. Can you tell me what it appears to be and what I should do? Thank you very much.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

From the picture you sent, it seems to be small incipient abscess from bite or skin scratch or simply inflammations of your sebaceous glands.

You may try antiseptic solutions like Povidone Iodine and apply sterile bandage. If signs of inflammation (high local temperature, swelling, pain, redness) persists / increases then you need medical consultation. In such cases incision, drainage and antibiotic therapy can be done in medical centre.

Hope this helps.

I wish you speedy recovery and if you have additional queries, don’t hesitate to ask.