Having biopsy of lesion in breast. Lesion is solid and is not a cyst. Anything serious?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I am having a biopsy of a lesion in my breast tomorrow. The radiologist told me the lesion is solid and is not a cyst. In relation to cancer is it better to have a soft or hard lesion?
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 47 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for the query.

It is better that it is soft because it is more likely to be benign cyst, but this is still not something to be very concerned about. Cancers are usually solid-appearing lumps, but most solid hard lesions are non-cancerous fibroadenomas and I hope this is your case too. Of course,biopsy should be done to rule out the malignancy so just be patient till results come. I am sure it will be fine. WIsh you good health. Regards