Having big red spot on back with yellowish tint in middle. Painful to touch. Looking for cure

My daughter has a big red spot on her back with yellowish tint in middle, there seems to be no bite XXXXXXX and she does not remember getting hurt. She seems normal in temp, mood and energy, just the spot hurts.
She didnt seem to have it when taken to school and said it started hurting in the afternoon but does not remember getting hit or touching anything. She is not in pain but when you touch it, and seems fine otherwise.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in and uploading the image.

The possibilities i can think of are

1. Trauma
2. Allergic reaction (probably due to detergent/insect bite/ food allergy)
3. Infection( however, the yellowish tint doesn't appear to be a pus point)

Most likely it could be due to a blunt trauma, which could have happened while she was playing or something ,but didn't realize it.

You could try giving her a paracetamol 250mg (provided she has no drug allergies)twice a day for 1 day . See how she feels. If the tenderness is still quite bad, please take her to a paediatrician.

I hope I have answered your question. In case you don't have any further queries , kindly accept the answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan