Having big ear lobes. Suggest procedure to get them stitched?

My mom's ear lobes have become big. I was thinking if we can get them stitched. For that I want to know the procedure as well as the amount which I would spend.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 54 minutes later

Welcome to healthcare magic forum.

Thank you for your query.

I congratulate you as you are concern about your mom's health.

The procedure is known as ear lobe repair (ELR).

Here is step by step technique for ELR.
1) You need to give consent to doctor for performing it.
2) Local anesthesia is given to numb the skin over ear. It is very simple, safe and painless.
3) Dead skin around the margins of lobes is removed.
4) Stitches are taken in both side -front and back. It is better to use 5-0 suture as it give excellent result. Many doctors are using adhesive glue also. I advise not to use glue as failure rate is very high.
5) Antiseptic cream is applied and cover with dressing. Antibiotic and analgesic medicines are given for 3 days only.
6) Follow up and dressing next day.
7) Stitch removal on 7th day.

It is very simple, minor surgical procedure. It takes around 45 minutes to be completed.

Amount of procedure is varying from doctor to doctor and city to city. Average charges per single ear lobe vary from 2500 to 3000 Rs. Many doctors are doing in 1500 Rs also.

I hope I answered your question.

Let me know if you have any further query.