Having belching, gas and blood pressure. Undergone endoscopy and prescribed with omeprazole. What should I take in empty stomach?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have been belching and gas from last 1 month . Last year, same thing happened I even went for endoscopy at Raffles hospital here in Singapore and nothing came out. Doctor gave me omeprazole (proceptin) 20 mg and things were good.

Last month, I had consumed soya sauce with beans , slept less due to work, had 3 cups of coffee and tea and all of sudden in the night, I had gas , belching and anxiety and coz of that my blood pressure shoot to 145 ( otherwise it is 115 or 120).
I went for complete body medial screening test at raffles hospital and report is absolutely fine. But , now this has happened 2 times after gap of 15 days ,my blood pressure suddenly risen to 140 I realised I had consumed ,soya sauce both occasions and had sensation in my head a. Do I need any further check ups or need to control my food intake ?

Can you pls suggest what can I have empty stomach ? Can I take 1 cup tea in the morning ? what food should I take ?

Need your help and Guidance doctor.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 53 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
You need medications for relief of symptoms and dietary modifications for complete relief and to prevent recurrence.

Avoid coffee, citrus, chocolates, tomatoes, fatty food, spicy food, alcohol.
Since your blood pressure is shooting up, try to restrict salt intake also.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having belching, gas and blood pressure. Undergone endoscopy and prescribed with omeprazole. What should I take in empty stomach? 15 minutes later
Hi Doctor

Can I take tea empty stomach?? I have been only taking rice with yellow dal ( lentils) and yoghurt... At times having outside food..
I have controlled diet from last 3 weeks with medicine but still having belching on and off..
Should I continue with same routine ?? Can I take tea in the morning ? Can I have bananas??

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 minutes later
You can take green tea.
Yes you can have bananas.
Avoid the food items I have mentioned in my previous post.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having belching, gas and blood pressure. Undergone endoscopy and prescribed with omeprazole. What should I take in empty stomach? 48 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for advice. But i have some pointed questions -
1) Can gas/Acidity create sensation/pressure in the head ?
2) Can it suddently triggers high BP with anxiety and goes down within 1 hr ?
Is these symtoms linkedto acidity/gas ?? I have enclosed my medical report and everthing else is fine.

As a diet i am making modification - couple of other questions -
a)Can i take english breakfast tea with milk ( Dip dip one) in the morning ?
b)Can i take XXXXXXX Cider Vinegar ( 1 spoon) with 1 glass of water?

XXXX
Hi Doctor,Thanks for advice. But i have some pointed questions -1) Can gas/Acidity create sensation/pressure in the head ?2) Can it suddently triggers high BP with anxiety and goes down within 1 hr ?Is these symtoms linkedto acidity/gas ?? I have enclosed my medical report and everthing else is fine.As a diet i am making modification - couple of other questions -a)Can i take english breakfast tea with milk ( Dip dip one) in the morning ?b)Can i take XXXXXXX Cider Vinegar ( 1 spoon) with 1 glass of water?

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 hours later
1. No acidity does not cause pressure in the head.

2. No acidity does not cause shooting up of BP

3. Yes you can take english breakfast

4. No , you should avoid XXXXXXX cidar vinegar.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini