Having belching, bad pain under breast. Done with colonoscopy. Lesion in the cecum is benign. Enlarged ovary in contact with cecum. Treatment?

horrible belching, passing gas, bad pains right hand side under right breast area. had colonscopy year ago, said I had a lesion in the cecum, tested and benign. Had an enlarged ovary which appeared to come in contact with the cecum, had a total hysterectomy in dec 12. actually was feeling fine until about 5 weeks ago and now it seems like the pains that I had back then are back again. just taking gasex and tums but nothing is helping. tried culturell for couple of days but seems like it was starting to get worse not better. Prior to hysterectomy I had the mentioned colonoscopy and also an endoscopy, a colonography, and scans with XXXXXXX you name it, other than MRI. Gastro advised last year to see the gyno and that is what led to the hysterectomy. Not sure what to pursue at this time. Any comments or suggestions. my age is 67 and overall in good health except these issues
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Was stool analysis done? If yes, what was the report?
2. Do your symptoms related to the intake of any specific food item?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Follow-up: Having belching, bad pain under breast. Done with colonoscopy. Lesion in the cecum is benign. Enlarged ovary in contact with cecum. Treatment? 58 minutes later
no stool anaylsis done, there is no blood in stool.

as to food intake, eat very healthy. No fried foods, no high fat foods, no fast foods. Very miinimal red meat if any.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 37 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stool analysis may be done

Detailed Answer:
Increased gas and pain can occur due to infection or mal-absorption. At this point of time, when symptoms returned after surgery, I would first rule out infection and mal-absorption if you were to be my patient. A stool test can be done to look for infection and if found should be treated. I would order this test in the first place. Check with your treating doctor.

In the interim,
Try to avoid milk and milk products.
Take Beano for relief.
Prilosec can be useful remedy to treat belching.
Avoid coffee, citrus, tomatoes, fatty meal.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini