Having bad pain behind eyes with headache. MRI was normal. What else could it be?

very bad pain behind both eyes female aged 43 flashing lights cant stand the light and very mri no tumour it starts behind right the 30 mins later left then after close eyes and sleep for ever when I wake sever bad head iff I move about it will come back
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 34 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
With a normal MRI a possibility of migrain can also be kept in mind.
have a retinal examination and assessment of optic nerve to rule out rise of eye pressure.As the rise of intra cranial pressure may be transmitted into the eye there by effecting the optic nerve.
You have to be examined in detail to pin point the reason for such a problem.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.