Having bad odour from vagina. Had sex. Should I be worried?

Diabetologist
Question
my wife has a real bad oder in side her vigana what is this from she has had sex with a other man is this hearps or some other std`s
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reproductive tract infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Bad odour of the vaginal secretion indicates presence of infection. However your doctors would not be able to determine the nature of infection based on odour alone.

Just bad odour itself is not conclusive of herpes infection. It typically presents with blisters, burning pain and ulceration of the genital mucosa. I would suggest waiting for couple of days and see if she gets better. Further testing is recommended if they are fresh symptoms.

Multiple sexual partner always has a high risk of sexually transmitted infection. If she has been involved in unprotected sexual intercourse with unknown partner, it would be worthwhile to get tests for HIV and hepatitis now. Other tests can be done based on her symptoms couple of days later.

Hope the answer helps your. Write back for clarifications.