Having bad odor coming from labia with painless tiny bumps. What could it be?
User rating for this question
Yes.i have been having an oderferous smell coming from my outer labia and my inner labia major I have very tiny bumps that feel gritty to the touch but do not hurt I was in the hospital 9 mos ago receiving IV antibiotics for 6 days I expected to get a common yeast infection but having had these before I knew the odor was NOT yeast! I was smelling like rotten meat! Disgusting! It's been 9 months and hasn't gotten better no itching no pain no burning but very frustrating. I am a 66 yr old woman and have not been sexually active for over 10 yrs. can you tell me what you think is wrong with me? I'm VERY concerned. Thank You
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bacterial vaginitis Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX It sound like you may have bacterial vaginitis. It’s basically an imbalance in the good vaginal flora that causes bad smell and sometimes itching. There may be redness and slight inflammation if there is itching. You need to start some probiotics capsules twice daily for at least 3 months. Once the flora is balanced, the smell will diminish. Do not use any soap, perfumed products, and nylon underwear. Wash only with water, especially after using the toilet. In addition, I would recommend a pap smear to be done, if one has not been done in the last 6 months.
People also viewed
- Painless bumps on labia majora
- Is tender, swollen glands in the neck a side effect of prolia?
- Took emergency contraception one week late am experiencing brown discharge
- Tiny bumps on labia majora
- Fever neck and back pains menstrual cycle
- What are the side effects of isosorbide dinitrate/hydralazine?
- Recovery uterine uplift surgery
- Is muscle cramps, pain, or spasms a side effect of ropinirole?
- Is painful or difficult urination a side effect of ritalin-sr?
- What does it mean when a uterine fibroid is undergoing degeneration
- Painless bumps on labia
- Is irregular menstrual periods a side effect of larin fe 1/20?
- Nausea bloated and dizzy after period
- Tiny hard bump on labia
- Tiny bump on labia minor