Having bad abdominal pain after taking Capoten. Suggest?

i take capoten having real bad abdominal pain about 10min after i take it
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. David Okia 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of capoten

Detailed Answer:
Good evening,

It seems you are suffering from gastro intestinal side effect of capoten.
Capoten causes hypersensitivity reactions leading to intestinal angioedema, which leads to abdominal pain.

You need to report to you doctor and an alternative medication can be prescribed.
Other side effects include headache, renal insufficiency with proteinuria, and some reported cases of Kaposi sarcoma.

Hope I have answered your question, I am happy to help if you have any more questions.