Having back pain, cough in throat with breathing difficulty. History of epiglotits. Any cure?

I have saliva at the base of my throat coughing so hard I cannot stop to get a breath. I had Epiglotits about 10 years ago, lost 30 pounds and almost died, Iam 85 years old.been having terrible back aches. Ihave had 2 steroid injections , they have not helped and hurt so much when I cough. Can you help me, any advice? Help!!!!
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I would like to know few things
1. Is there only cough ? Is it associated with fever or itching in throat?
2. Are Steroids injection given in spine?
3. Cough is since operation or new symptoms.?
4. At time of cough pain gets worse at spine or throat?

We will have detailed discussion. Looking forward for your response.