Having back pain, been a driver for long. Suggest medicine for pain?

Spine Surgeon
My back is killing me I have been a driver for over 35 years. Can you help me I need something for pain XXXXXXX helps
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain medicine will always be temporary solution

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern. Definitely for such a long duration must have caused this problem. For pain relief you can try ketorolac medicine and transdermal patch. You may have to take off from the work for few days. However if the pain is severe and persistent then I would suggest to consider definitive treatment option rather than pain medicines. If possible please upload your mri to know more about your spine status. Sometime injections in the spine also helps to relieve the pain and that reduces the dependence on the pain medicine. Have you shown to any spine specialist? checked for any other treatment options? Thanks.