Having back pain and neck pain. Suggest treatment

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi i have some problem wit my neck.. I think my left side neck bone or nerve is broken.. This has happend 5 years back.. Nowadays i am having back pain and neck pain.. Im getting weak day by day.. My hands and legs r getting weak.. And im not having strength.. I have got nerves problem now.. Can my problem be treated? Pleas suggest me i am going to consult my doctor next weeq.. Any advise u can gv me wil b very much helpful or motivating for me
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need a detailed clinical evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX thanks for writing to XXXXXXX There are numerous causes and conditions that produce neck pain as well as back pain. Presence of weakness and loss of strength in the hands and legs suggests some neurological disturbances either in the spinal cord or in the nerves. An MRI scan of the concerned spinal columns will help in establishing the proper diagnosis. I suggest you not make any delay in approaching a doctor as it is definitely abnormal to have neurological problems with weakness in the limbs at your age. The treatment for your problem will depend on the condition diagnosed. Generally, with early diagnosis and early treatment, one can expect favourable outcome after treatment. As you are very young, the therapeutic response will be good when compared to the elderly age groups. All these words are just to boost up your morale and provide you some reassurance. Temporarily, please follow the below mentioned measures to get some symptomatic relief - - avoid any movements that produces pain - do not use bulky pillow underneath your head while sleeping as this position will produce more compression of the nerves - Use a Soft collar which allow the muscles of the neck to rest and limit neck motion. This can help decrease pinching of nerve roots with movement. Soft collars should only be worn for short periods of time, because long-term wear can decrease the strength of neck muscles. - Analgesic (diclofenac & lornoxicam) and muscle relaxant (thiocolchicoside) combination medicines will provide symptomatic relief from pain & muscle spasm. Neurotropic vitamins like METHYLCOBALAMINE (activated Vit B12) or PREGABALIN will help in alleviating the neuropathic pain. I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon with good reputation, for a detailed clinical evaluation, diagnosis of your condition and for further management. Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further Regards