Having back pain, abdominal pain, burning sensation in stomach and diarrhea. Worrisome

I have been experiencing bouts of yellow stool recently with today being mainly diahrea. I have some lower abdominal pain that feels like gas, and also low back pain on my right side. I still have a good appetite, and don't have a fever. I do have a constant burning sensation in my belly though, where my intestines would be.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 4 hours later
Hello. I'm Dr. Christensen.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Without an examination it won't be possible to diagnose the cause of your symptoms, but several possibilities come to mind:
Any intestinal condition that hastens bowel transit (i.e., the amount of time it takes for something to go from mouth to anus) or interferes with bile output or bile processing could cause yellow stools and diarrhea. Hence, gallbladder disease, liver disease, bacterial or viral infections, celiac disease (gluten sensitivity), inflammatory bowel disease (e.g., Crohn's disease) and pancreatic insufficiency are among the causes of yellow stools and diarrhea. If your symptoms have only been present for a few days, an intestinal infection is most likely. If they've been present for a long time, or if they seem to recur from time to time, you might be dealing with a more chronic problem, such as celiac disease, gallbladder disease, or inflammatory bowel disease.
If your symptoms last more than a few days, I suggest you see your gastroenterologist for a thorough evaluation.
I hope that helps, and I hope things settle down soon!