Having back pain. Right kidney feels sore. Having no control on bowel movement. Help?

General Surgeon
Hello I'm very concerned about my health. Lately I been having terrible back pains and my right kidney Is very sore. My stole has been bloody about a month. And just now I had a bowel movement in my sleep that I couldn't control. Please tell me something
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection or Crohns disease.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Bloody stools can be caused by bacterial infection or inflammatory bowels disease (Crohns disease).
Bacterial infection should give also abdominal pain, nausea, loose stools, fever. It is quite common that with long lasting gastrointestinal infection kidneys get infected as well. And urinary bladder) is the most probable reason of back pain. Especially if you have also frequent urinating, burning while urinating.
Inflammatory bowels disease usually gives blood in stool, diarrhea, mucus in stool, weight loos, abdominal pains. Skin rash or joint pain can be present as well.

I suggest you to do not wait any more. Please visit your doctor and start with abdominal ultrasound, blood work, stool tests and urine analysis. Colonoscopy should be considered as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.