Having back pain. Prescribed medicines with physiotherapy. Feel weak and tired. What to do?

Spine Surgeon
Hi ,
I am getting pain on my back (upper part near to neck). I have consulted a Orthopedic surgeon. He prescribed some medicines and to take 1 week physiotherapy. But nothing went fine. I am still getting that pain when i lift some heavy weight material. Especially when i feel weekness/tired, that time pain is bit more. So please advice me what to do. Thanks in advance.

In addition to above question, I have done 2-3 x-rays also, nothing serious and i changed my sleeping/seating posture also
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have you taken absolute rest?

Detailed Answer:
You may have some changes in the spine. Most common reason is back muscle spasm due to muscle fatigue. However if problem persist then it may indicate disc related issue.
In case of sever back pain, rest is most important. Please take absolute for 3-5 days. No travels, no sitting, no bending forward or lifting heavy things. Need to take anti-inflammatory with muscle relaxant and traction. If you have tried all the things and still no pain relief then go for MRI spine. Based on mri finding sometimes injection in spine may be tried. Thanks.