Having back pain. MRI done. No bone marrow edema present, no spinal stenosis. Safe remedy?

Spine Surgeon
I am 49,5ft 7inchs I have been having lots of pain in my lower back, had a MRI the results are vertebral body and heights are normal. There is a mild area of increased signal noted along the posterior margin of L3 likely representing a hemangioma. No bone marrow edema is present. There is some very subtle loss signal within L4,L5 disc. Mild broad-based disc bulge is present here, but no definitive nerve root compromise or spinal stenosis identified. No foraminal norrowing is noted. Very mild degenerative disc changes at L4-L5 with broad-based disc bulge present. No spinal stenosis, foraminal narrowing, or nerve root compromise is identified on this study
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Degenerative changes at L4-5 level is most likely reason for the back pain. Hemangioma is always an incidental finding. Initially pain medicine and physical therapy such as inferential therapy helps to relieve the pain. In long run regular back muscle stretching and exercise will keep you pain free.
If the above treatment fails and you have persistent disabling back pain then we may consider invasive options such as facet block and discography to localise the pain generator and treat accordingly. Thanks.