Having back pain. Is it safe to go for swimming?

Spine Surgeon
2 days ago I lent over slightly and now my back has pain. yesterday I went swimming and there were no issues. Today when i woke up I was more restricted in movement in my back. I am wondering if I should go swimming or not today. I am suppose to leave in 40 min. If I shouldnt when should I start swimming in the pool again?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Most common reason for back pain is back muscle sprain. May be a sudden pull of the back muscle can cause sudden onset pain. I would suggest to take maximum rest with restriction of the activities especially lifting heavy things, bending or prolong sitting. I would suggest avoid swimming for 3-5 days. Along with this try anti-inflammatory with muscle relaxants with local get application. These measures should suffice. If symtoms persist for more than a week then you need to consult a physician. Thanks.