Having back muscle twitching. Suggest the treatment?

woke up to back muscle twitching what is that?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely of no pathological significance

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query.

I am so sorry to hear about this muscle twitching.
If it is the first episode, then it is most likely a transient happening that does not really represent any danger to health or signals an underlying pathology.

My advice would be that you observe this and it should disappear within a few hours. If it should however persist, then you should report any accompanying symptoms so that we can revisit this.

Try some light exercises involving the back muscles like stretching, leaning forward and backward, drink enough fluids and maybe get a massage.

Hope this helps. Wish you well.
Feel free to ask follow up questions for clarifications if any.
Dr. Ditah, MD.