Having axillary, antecubital and cervical lymph node swelling with numb arms. Had cyst and feel lumps in breast

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Question
I have been having periods of axillary, antecubital and cervical lymph node swelling over the past 6 months or so. It has recently resulted in my arm feeling uncomfortable with numbness. Several years ago my gynecologist located what she thought was a fixed lump in my right breast, but the ultrasound results were that of a cyst that should resolve within a few months. I can still locate small lumps to my right breast, and wonder if these may be connected. I have very little time to seek medical attention and want to know if you feel this could be infection or if there may be cause for further evaluation. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
seek medical help

Detailed Answer:

Since the lump is still felt and you have developed lymph nodes, I believe you need to be investigated further. I would definitely consider mammagram/USG breast and if needed image guided FNA/biopsy to exclude various cause of breast lump.

Hope make yourself free to consult doctor to undergo these tests and resolve your problem.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Good luck

Follow-up: Having axillary, antecubital and cervical lymph node swelling with numb arms. Had cyst and feel lumps in breast 5 hours later
Thank you for your response. If this was mass related, is it possible for the lymph nodes to be noticeable and uncomfortable at times, and then not noticeable at times?

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Investigate enlarged lymph nodes

Detailed Answer:

We cannot predict whether it is mass related based on relapsing lymph node enlargement.
If the lymph nodes are enlarged they have to be investigated to rule out causes from infection to malignancy.

I would recommend further investigation without predicting.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Good luck