Having atrial fib and tingling in foot. Suggestions?

I am having an episode of atrial fib and I also have tingling in my left foot. I am out of town and want to know if this is an emergency situation ? I get AF every now and then, and have had the tingling for a week. AF just started an hour ago
Thank you so much
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 49 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Yes, it could very well be.
Tingling of feet in the setting of Atrial fibrillation - needs immediate examination to rule out peripheral embolism.
Atrial fibrillation itself needs attention – if not rhythm control, rate control must be attempted.
Past performance is no guarantee for the present status.
Go to the ER / get yourself examined / have an EKG and ECHO (for thrombus in the atria) / as also a Doppler of the leg arteries to exclude embolic obstruction.

There may not be a complication and things may turn out to be simple and easy...
Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck