Having asthma and high blood pressure. No gall bladder. How do I lose weight?

How do I lose weight I have asthma and high blood pressure and no gall bladder?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
change in diet is important

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Increased weight can worsen asthma because it is associated with the presence of substances called inflammatory mediators.

These inflammatory mediators cause inflammation in different parts of the body including the lungs.Weight loss is associated with a decrease in these mediators and an improvement in asthma control.

Weight loss can sometimes be difficult. In the initial stages it would be important to change the diet only and when your body becomes accustomed to the dietary change then exercise can introduced.
This should be after 2 to 3 weeks of diet change.
The exercise is mainly to improve heart health and general fitness, more weight can actually be loss by changes in diet. When you start exercising it should be at least 150 minutes a week.

A combination of aerobic and strengthening exercises would be best.

In terms of the diet, there are two main types of diet: (1) low fat/low calorie diet and (2) low carbohydrate diet.

In BOTH of these diets there would be elimination of fruit juices and sodas (unless diet ones) and water would be used as well.

The low carbohydrate diet has recently been shown to have the faster initial response and the weight stays off longer.
The low carbohydrate diet came about because of the effect of insulin. When carbohydrates are used the body releases insulin.
In addition to lowering blood sugar, insulin also stops the body from breaking down fat. When you reduce your carbohydrates, you reduce the secretion of insulin and fat starts to break down and weight decreases.

Low carb diets involve significant reduction of : rice/pasta/bread/biscuits/cereals/potatoes/most fruits except berries

Meals consist of a protein and vegetables or salad. This diet wants persons to eat to time not in response to hunger because when hungry persons eat more.Breakfast , for example would consist of eggs/ham/hotdogs.
There are online menus available to guide you.

Any amount and type of protein is allowed.It is very important to drink a lot of water.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions