Having arthritis, diabetic nerve pain and thyroid pain. On vicodin and alprazolam. Suggest treatment

I've had pain for over 10 years now. Not one Dr. have given me a real diagnoses!! Now I'm accused of Dr. shopping. Until the nurse told me this, I had never heard of this! How can I possilbly find a Dr. to listen to me without looking for one!? I was told, I have ARTHRISE; MS, DIABETIC NERVE PAIN, THYRIOD PAIN. I was even told it was stress related! Then it was depression!! I finally said " damn right" I'm depressed because you people XXXXXXX t do your job!!! I was given vicodin and alprazolam which helped a lot. but he said no more I would get hooked! I felt like what makes you think I would get hooked? I'm not one of those people!!! If it woks for me why would you stop!? I took my medicine as prescribed and I'm older why on earth should I suffer? I would think the lack of bare would worry you more. I've instructed my so to XXXXXXX if I die due to non care. By the way , who cares if your older and get dependent on pain medicine? I have never had a drug or alchohol problem. I don't drink. EVER! and have never done drugs! So why should I have to suffer!? Dr.s and nurses don't believe me when I tell them I've never been addictd to anything!Wfere is their a Dr. who can help me? Now I see how you get ypur extra income!!! I never said I had thyroid problems or hormone problems!!!!! Again!! I'm not getting listening to!!! No questions! You better hope my credit card no. is safe! If I don't hear from you soon I'm calling my card company to stop any payment ! If you give me a bad time I'll contact the attorney generals office!!! You people are obviously fake!!!
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Me or another doctor will not really understand your condition unless we are in your shoes. But I will try to help you as best as I can. I guess doctor shopping will stop when you have found the appropriate help. From your description, I think that you are feeling better with vicodin and alprazolam. Vicodin has a risk of addiction on prolonged use. Alprazolam is usually advised for short term use. Thus both the medications are not really advised for prolonged use. In some conditions these can still be prescribed despite knowing these side-effects. For broken ribs, you can wear a rib belt till you are able to find help. For pain control, continue over the counter pain-killers till you are able to find a doctor who is able to provide you will appropriate medication. I think you need to see a pain medicine specialist. Thus I am sending you the contacts of some pain medicine specialist. I hope one of them are able to help you. Dr. Jeoffrey P. Benson, - has following three locations in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Pain Medicine 2420 Fletcher Ave XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA 0000 (805) 898-1111 (Office) Jeoffrey P Benson MD Inc 504 W Pueblo St Suite 301 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA 0000 (805) 682-5520 (Office) Jeoffrey P Benson MD Inc 514 W Pueblo St XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA 0000 (805) 682-7751 (Office) Dr. XXXXXXX W. XXXXXXX MD Pain Medicine 514 W Pueblo St XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA 0000 (805) 682-7751 (Office) (805) 563-2527 (Fax) I hope one of these two doctors are able to help you with the pain. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee