Having arthritic pain. Safe to take ibuprofen. Would there be undesirable interaction?

General Surgeon
Ratio Lentolec #3 is doing nothing for my arthritic pain. Would it be harmful to take ibuprofen or would there be undesireable interaction?

This is ridiculous. I'm in pain and was expecting an answer now.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Short term use is acceptable, long term use no

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Short term use of Ibuprofen is acceptable but long term use is not advisable. Long term use is associated with gastric ulcer action, worsening of asthma.
Ibuprofen can be safely used for breakthrough pain in your case if it had benefited you on earlier occasion. Tablet Tramadol can also be used for breakthrough pain.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
Follow-up: Having arthritic pain. Safe to take ibuprofen. Would there be undesirable interaction? 2 hours later
I guess that my question was poorly worded. Sorry. What I want to know is if there might be undesirable interaction if I continue to take the Lentolec #3 while also taking Ibuprofen for a few days.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Completely safe for short term use

Detailed Answer:

Greetings of the day
There will be no interaction if you take both together. Consider taking Tab Pantoprozole / PRILOSEC OTC along with it.
Do get back if you need further assistance, will be happy to provide further assistance.
Wish you good health