Having anxiety due to diarrhoea and gastritis. Do you recommend taking a tranquilizer?

Hi Doctor. I have anxiety for ppl because of my ibs disease. My ibs indication are diarrhea and a lot of gas; and my gas problem is the worst. When I concern about my uncontrol gas or get nervous, farting starts continuously. This is really serious problem for me because I'm a university student and have to attend classes. So I always worry and frighten about my smelling. And uncontrol gas starts. Therefore, I'm losing social life and friends. I think I'm mentally unstable now and I really want to overcome this ibs, anthropophobia and stressful cycle. So what can I decrease my stress level or do you recommend taking a tranquilizer? If so, can you tell me what tranquilizer looks fit me?
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 hours later
Thanks for writing down.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
Your problem is more common than you think. Start changing your food habits. Follow what is advised here, you will feel relief. Use a good deodorant on your body and start interacting with people you will know the difference.

The Culprits of these toxic fumes

apples, apricots, baked beans, bananas, XXXXXXX muffins and cereals, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, citrus fruits, corn, cream cucumbers, dried beans, dried peas, eggplant, ice cream, ice milk,, kohlrabi, lentils, lima beans, milk, oats, pastries, onions, peaches, , pears, potatoes, pretzels, prune juice, prunes, rutabagas, raisins, radishes, sauerkraut, Sorbitol, and mannitol -artificial sweeteners- , tomatoes, wheat bread, and wheat germ.

How To Avoid/prevent them

- Check your posture and position. You should be eating sitting at the table, not laying around, or lounging. When you eat or drink laying down, the gas in your stomach cannot escape.

-You should eat slowly, chew thouroughly, and dont gulp, because when you gulp, youll only swallow air, and that produces flatulence. (farts)

- dry up that drip: postnasal drip often leads to air swallowing, and gas production.

- try beano.

If you have any further query, please write I will answer asap.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW