Having anxiety, depressive disorder and sub-clinical hypo-thyroidism. Taking Sertaline? Can I use Lyrica?

Question
Can I use Lyrica if I take I take Sertaline?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 20 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Sertraline belongs to the SSRI family of medications and is used mainly for depression and anxiety.

Lyrica is used for seizures , neurological pain and chronic pain.

In terms of the combination, it is possible that there would increased dizziness, drowsiness and issues with concentration, attention and judgement (due to the drowsiness).

These issues do not occur in everyone and may not affect you but these are the possible consequences of the interaction.

You can consider using to see if there are no problems with you when they are taken together.If problems do occur then you may consider speaking to your doctor.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Having anxiety, depressive disorder and sub-clinical hypo-thyroidism. Taking Sertaline? Can I use Lyrica? 36 minutes later
I have tingling pain in my feet/lower legs and was told lyrica would help. Is this true?

I was reading that Lyrica helps for Tinnitus or ringing in the ears...True or False?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 hours later
Hi, lyrica is indicated for neuralgia which is essentially abnormal sensation such as tingling.It is commonly used in diabetics who have neuropathy.

In terms of the tinnitus, there is a possible suggestion that it may help however further studies are required to determine whether should be another indication for it. At present it is not indicated to treat tinnitus.

Please feel free to ask any other questions