Having anxiety attack. Done MRI and blood tests. Took anthrax and meningoccocal vaccines.

Addiction Medicine Specialist
Results defininition.
You might consider this tedt at 12week (89days) as last. But i dont understand.
I dont understand that i also feel spaced out and oddly weird.
Im carrying myself out to do thibgs and feel totaly out.
It all seems like a dream.
I might carry anxiety to the out most extreme.
But my soroundings feel like i dont belong.
I have done tests after tests... I also did another vdrl and cancer tests for colon, pancreas, and liver. Just in case and i still want an MRI on my head.
Another blood test was done white blood were ok and other as well. No lymph info was obatined this time. The lab service mention no infection sings.
Please is this is a phase or i migh have something here?
I want ro recall the vaccination for small pox... If im ok for the STDs and HIV... Then i can recall the high posibility of having a reaction to the vaccines.
During the smallpox reaction they didnt waited 14days like they shouldve. Also i was never tested to diagnose exzema prior having the small pox...
but i received anthrax and meningoccocal vaccines during my reaction to smallpox.
I dont know but it has to do worst under those conditions to receive more crap.
Anyways i had noticed a little of pains here and there like left thumb area, back, elbow, neck, right now right jaw( were the nodule is)(may be is lack of lunch), these pains just shift around...
Anyways dont know if is mental... As i havent been easy for three months checking myself constantly including hard crying depress and so forth.
Hope theres solution because ive been not myself...
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
An anxiety disorder seems likely.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic!

What I have understood from your query is that you are doing various tests and investigations which usually come out to be normal but still cannot satisfy you. So you feel compelled to carry out more tests. You also at times feel that either you yourself or your surroundings are not real. You also have excessive anxiety and low mood. You also keep checking yourself. You also have some fleeting aches and pains.

In my opinion, all these symptoms can be explained by an anxiety disorder. While a detailed evaluation would be needed to find out exactly which type of anxiety disorder it is, I have a suspicion that you may be suffering from Sometimes certain activities provide relief and people end up doing these repeatedly like repetitive checking, repetitive cleaning etc.

In your case, I feel that you get thoughts about having some disease or the other, which trouble you and do not go away unless you do certain tests for them. Once the tests come negative, you get new thoughts requiring some other tests. Though you know that the tests are not required, you do not get peace of mind until you do them. The thoughts make you anxious. When this continues for some time, people end up becoming depressed because they cannot fathom what is happening to them and what is making them act so weird. The feelings of self or surroundings not being real are called derealization-depersonalization and are seen in excessive anxiety. Anxiety can also cause fleeting aches and pains.

If this is what has been happening with you, then you need not worry. Anxiety disorders can be treated and respond well to medications like those of the SSRI class (fluoxetine, sertraline etc). But you will have to see a psychiatrist for proper assessment and for prescription of medicines.

Hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask if you need any clarifications.

Best wishes.

Dr Preeti Parakh
MD Psychiatry