Having anal pain, noticed skin hanging out of anus. How to treat this problem?

Im a 33 year old male.I have a small fleshy almost taillike thing hanging out of my retracts itself,but is always there.I also struggle with severe anal pain,but feel no bumps like piles.can you advise me what it is?im ashamed to go to my house docter.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I will try to give you the various possibilities that can be responsible for such a condition.

One is rectal prolapse. It could also be hemorrhoids. Anal fistula can also present with some of the complaints you are giving. A polyp or benign growth could also be the cause.

A physical examination is mandatory to arrive at a diagnosis. I request you to consult your doctor for examination. There is nothing to be ashamed of it. You may contact a surgeon who normally deals with them for surgical intervention if required.

Hope this helps.