Having allergic cold and runny nose due to pest control. Suggest medicine to get rid of this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Doc. i m having a severe allergic cold & running nose since morning due to pest control at my home yest. Now, i have an important meeting XXXXXXX morning but i am unable to concentrate on work due to severe cold & running nose, pls suggest good medicine to get rid of this cold immediately. Also, doc. normally whenever i intake medicine for cold i get lot of dizziness & sleepiness request u pls suggest medicine which is dizziness & sleepiness proof.
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take decongestant

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

When patient with such symptoms come to my clinic I usually give them tab levocetrizine, with tab Paracetemol 500 mg. Tb levocetirizine does not cause drowsiness and is also effective in handling the symptoms of allergies and cold. It can be taken one tablet before sleeping.

For allergic condition you need to focus on preventing exposure to allergen.
Along with medication take steam inhalation and betadine gargle

I will advise if possible do blood allergy test.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.