Having acute cervical spondylosis. Any non-surgical treatment options in Mumbai?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
I am sorry to learn that you have been afflicted by this disease at this young age. I would suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon and closely follow his advice.
I would like to reassure you that all cases of cervical spondylosis do not need surgery. The need of surgery depends on the severity of your symptoms and the relief that you get after receiving proper medication.
In your case surgery is not an emergency. If you can lead a normal life with the help of medicines then the surgery can be avoided for a while. The disease process will not be reversed with any medicines but the symptoms can be taken care of. The need of surgery would depend on an assessment which can be done by your examining orthopaedic surgeon
I would also suggest that a change in the lifestyle is necessary to obtain excellent results. This would include:
a.     As Vitamin D deficiency can aggravate the condition, a balanced diet is necessary.
b.     Further, sufficient exercise is also required as suggested by a physiotherapist
c.     A physiotherapist can help you adopt the right posture so that you can perform your day to day activities without pain.

To find a good orthopedician nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing. You can search for a doctor in your area at
I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having acute cervical spondylosis. Any non-surgical treatment options in Mumbai? 2 hours later
I have heard about Laser surgery,KKT,magnetotherapy etc.Any of these that can be checked?
There are many orthopaedic surgeons from XXXXXXX I want to get treated by some good doctor.Can you please suggest me some name from following doctors of XXXXXXX

Dr. A G Gaba
Dr. A N Moghe
Dr. G S Tomer
Dr. H V Afzalpurkar
Dr. Koparde
Dr. S Dhone
Dr. R N Mahopatra
Dr. R Patkar
Dr XXXXXXX kelshikar
Dr XXXXXXX Vagholkar
Dr Sangeet Gangadharan
Dr XXXXXXX Rananavare

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
All the treatments that you have mentioned like laser therapy, magnetotherapy, etc can be helpful but a careful assessment of the case and a clinical examination is needed before recommending a treatment.
Regarding the best orthopedician in XXXXXXX you have provided a list of competent orthopedicians. I would suggest that you can consult your general physician to help you in choosing the best doctor for you. Since I am not based in XXXXXXX it is difficult for me to assess their competence.
Hope my answer is helpful.