Having acne before periods and leading to scars. Tried antibiotics and retin A. Reduces and reoccurs. Suggest the permanent solution?

Hi ,
I have a problem of acne since a long time . It increases a week before my periods leading to scars . I also get several of them . I also do not have any dandruff. I have tried al ot of medications but nothing works . Had tried Anitbiotics . It reduces for while and re occours. Also tried Retin A for 6 months . It reduced during the medication time but started again .
Is there any long term solution to this problem . Please help
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

Try applying Adapalene ointment for the acne and scars. This is the best available cure for acne these days. If the acne are infected then you can try a combination ointment like ADACLIN.

Any medication you use for dandruff or acne has to be stopped on a gradual basis. Sudden stopping can lead to recurrence.