Having acne and confirmed with pregnancy. Took azifast for acne. Will the medicine affect the foetus?

Hi Doctor,
This is XXXXXXX from Bangalore-29 yrs old. I got married way in 2010 after which i developed Acne/pimples for which i consulted a specialist in the city. he advised me a blood test and scan.He prescribed me Isotretoinin for 6 months. everything was fine.
later in 2011, again i started developing acne and he found out to be PCOD. so he advised me cirsanta/diane-32 for 3 months .so everything was normal.. Year 2012 was very fine. nothing much , i controlled acne by excersing..
In 2013, we actualled planned for pregency,due to lot of functions in this year, i had lot of sweets again due to which developed acne slightly. so the doctor suggested to take azifast tab as i told him i m trying for pregency...
my last menstrual cycle was july 20th 2013. i m confirmed with pregenancy now
Q1. will these tab azifast which i took in feb have affect on my foetus?
Q2. Is retino A cream be stopped in pregancy ?
Q3. what is the best way to keep rid of these acne during pregancy?

regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Azifast is safe.

Detailed Answer:
I read your entire history, the medication provided to you is correct.

Tab Azifast is safe in pregnancy, It has no side effects in pregnancy, But my personal opinion is that, during pregnancy you should avoid any type of oral medication. Until and unless it is very necessary.

Yes Retino A cream has to be stopped in pregnancy, it has harmful effects on fetus.
The best way to avoid acne in pregnancy is by applying Benzoyl peroxide cream.
It is not an antibiotic and is totally safe in pregnancy,

If the acne is severe you can go for peels.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you