Having acidity problem, experiencing discomfort in stomach and flatulence. Advised to go for endoscopy

Dear Doctor, I am having with severe acidity problem since couple of years. I had consulted many doctors and undergone for scaning and found that no any problem in stomach, but still i am getting uncomfort in my stomach and I am having severe flatulence also. Some of the doctors suggested that I am having poor digestive capicity thats why i am getting these problems, and they also suggest to avoid heavy foods. I am doing as they suggested but still I am having the same problems. And now the doctor is adviced to do an endoscopy to get more clarity on my disease. Could you please give me an advice on this case? Regards, XXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Go ahead with endoscopy... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hyperacidity is a lifestyle condition where your diet, physical activities, stressors and other life style factors play a strong role in controlling this problem. A person with better diet and life style is able to live free from hyperacidity. However fortunately or unfortunately in a few set of patients there can be other XXXXXXX parameters especially inflammation, infections and ulcer formation within the stomach that can aggravate the way hyperacidity behaves. Therefore it is good to undergo endoscopy since its the gold standard test. Please go ahead with the test. Further management of this condition can be decided post endoscopy result. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards